Thursday, June 19, 2008

♥Change or Die


John Shelby Spong
[click here for information]
John Shelby was the author of the book I've reed but
unfortunately I didn't finished due to lack of time and
also for the reason that I left it on the house of our co
Core Ate Amy. The book seems to mystery for me coz
it was entitled "Why Christianity Must Change or Die"


I was so curious at first to the title, for me as
a Roman Catholic Believer I hate those things
who persecute or condemned what we were
believing. Here is the book written by the a
former Bishop of New York making something
controversial at first at the title so what I did
is to read it. As going to the page it was so open
ended question left unto my mind, what the book
want me to know that their is something I need
to know or disbelief. From the very beginning of the
book the creed we've pray raise an issue for the word
it use according to the author. So many question left
my mind unanswered but for me, I will continue my
faith as Catholic believing in God, even sometime I
felt I'm exile[playing thoughts on my mind], I will do
what I can do just to be here, just be intact with the faith
I'm living with. I will always be with God, I will continue
all my praise for Him. I'm not so bother coz I can. ciao!

[me reading the book]


Spong's says:
"You can continue to be a believer if you
are an honest
BELIEVER..."




As I go home when I did to returned the book I
said to myself don't be bother of what the book :|
says, but to continue praised HIM with all your
faith to the Almighty God, whatever other says...




2 comments:

Paddy said...

I love your blog!

I am a christian guy, atm I go to a baptist church cos that was where I got saved.

But I sometimes I feel if my church is really suited to me.

Like you, I hate judgement and stuff like that.

This sunday I have decided I will test out a different denomination.

If this book, (I havent read it) brought you some questions, its not a sin to try another type of church to find out.

Maybe you need to go on a "fact finding mission"?

My blog is www.paddywillyoushutup.blogspot.com
theres alot of my biblical views on there.

♥katie♥ said...

Paddy,

Thank you so much for that overwhelming good critics about my blog...
I'm a Roman Catholic.

It depends in two situation:

1.Here in the Philippines [my country]
Everyone has the right to choose his/her own religion, either it's the religion he/she may thinking that can bring new life for him/her. And also according on who's he/she was believing with.

2. For me if your an honest believer like me believing in God having the religion of Roman Catholic, I sinned if I moved to another sect. or another religion for I believe that I personally denounce God as my God or Saviour.

Note: My advice for you is too seek some help to a priest to a Catholic priest and asked him what goes in your mind, what the problem you encounter about religion and that's it he may give you inspiring advice somehow [i wish for that], for you to be inspired to continue being a Christian or a Roman Catholic...

Bye I hope my advice make sense to tou...my dear brother in Christ...

♥katie